Here are the top five headlines for Feb. 6.
- Budget Cafe: Facing a $2.5 million gap between expenses and revenue and a potential $300K loss in state aid, the West Hempstead School District will have to make difficult decisions when crafting its 2013-14. Join in the discussion with neighbors and school officials at tonight's Budget Cafe, which will take place at 7:30 p.m. inside West Hempstead Middle School cafeteria.
- School Board: The Lynbrook Board of Education will hold its monthly business meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. inside the high school. Click here to see what school officials will be focusing on at the meeting.
- Village Board: The Malverne Village Board of Trustees will hold its monthly business meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. in Village Hall. Attend the meeting, watch it on Malverne TV or look for coverage later this week on Patch.
- Jobs: Looking for a job? Coming up later today, we'll have a round-up of some of the positions currently available on Long Island.
- Government Night: Also on Patch today, see who took over Monday night's meeting of the Lynbrook village government.