Here are the top five headlines for Feb. 8.
- Blizzard: Long Island will be hit with a blizzard later today that could bring as much as 18 inches of snow. Click here for details.
- Armed Robberies: Cops say they have caught the two men responsible for multiple armed robberies that occurred recently in West Hempstead, East Rockaway, Franklin Square, Valley Stream and other Nassau communities. Click here to see who they arrested.
- Tax Settlement: After more than three years of confidential negotiations, the village of Malverne recently reached a settlement with Long Island American Water over the utility's tax certiorari claim. Click here to see how much Malverne will have to pay back to LIAW.
- School Budget: See what suggestions West Hempstead school officials, faculty and parents made for tackling the $2.25 million gap in revenue and expenses in the current version of the 2013-2014 budget.
- LI Championship: Coming up later today, see which Lynbrook team qualified for the Long Island championship in their sport.