Here are the top five headlines for Jan. 29.
- Crime Report: A Lynbrook High School student was hit by a car. Eighteen puppies were stolen from a local pet store. Click here to read this week's crime report from the Lynbrook Police Department.
- State Aid: After learning that Long Island school districts would be getting significantly less aid than other schools across New York State, these local assemblymen are taking a stand.
- Wildcats: The Malverne Wildcats handed out awards Sunday to its cheerleaders and players, including this year's Super Bowl champions. Look for photos later today and see what former NFL player was the guest speaker.
- Southern State: In the wake of two recent fatal crashes on the Southern State, we want to hear what you think could been done to make the parkway safer. Click here to sound off.
- Chestnut Centennial: Later this week, one local school will be turning 100. Learn more this afternoon.
Follow Malverne-West Hempstead-Lynbrook Patch on Facebook.