Here are the top five headlines for Jan. 9.
- School Board: The Lynbrook Board of Education will be holdings its monthly business meeting tonight inside Lynbrook High School. The public session will start at 7:30 p.m. Look for the agenda later this morning.
- Education Mandates: How are new state mandates impacting local students, teachers and school budgets? The Malverne School District explored this question at Tuesday night's Board of Education meeting. We'll have the story later today.
- Philips Plaza Vacancy: Lynbrook's Philips Plaza is a prime retail location featuring a variety of shops, a Subway and a Starbucks. But what would you like to see open in this one vacant store?
- Open Office Hours: Have questions or concerns you want to express to West Hempstead Schools Superintendent John Hogan? Sit down with the schools chief today during his open office hours from 3:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. in the Administration Building on Chestnut Street.
- Sandy Aid: During a recent visit to Long Island, Sen. Schumer called for Congress to include mold remediation in its Sandy relief plan. Click here for the story.