Hurricane Sandy barreled toward Long Island Monday, several residents in Malverne, West Hempstead and Lynbrook shared their observations, rejoiced over schools closings and lamented the loss of power.
Click here to see what your neighbors had to say about Sandy.
- All Long Island Parkways Closed
- Sandy Knocks Out Power to Thousands of Homes [10:30 p.m. Update]
- Prelude to Sandy: Strong Winds and Flooding Starts [Photos]
- Hurricane Sandy: Long Island Live Blog
- Hundreds Lose Power as Hurricane Sandy Closes in [Updates]
- Nearly 200 Lose Power As Hurricane Sandy Closes in
- UPDATE: Mangano Orders Mandatory Evacuation for Storm Surge Zones Ahead of Hurricane
- 10 Ways to Use Patch During Hurricane Sandy
Get "Patch-ed" in! Stay informed on what's happening in your community throughout the storm and its aftermath by signing up for breaking news alerts and following Malverne-West Hempstead Patch on Facebook and Twitter.