Here are the top five headlines for Nov. 15.
- Trustee Under Investigation: The Malverne Board of Education appointed a legal firm to investigate claims made against one of its own Tuesday. Click here for the story. Plus, see what the trustee had to say to Patch in our follow-up report later today.
- Lynbrook Crime: Click here to see the latest crime report from the Lynbrook Police Department.
- Budget Survey: It's hard to believe that it's already time to start discussing school budgets for 2013-2014. Find out later this morning, how the Malverne School District is beginning to collect input from its residents.
- Fly with the Owls: Lynbrook's annual Fly with the Owls 4-Mile Run/Walk is just two days away. Although online registration is closed, you can still sign-up for the Nov. 17 race on Friday, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Lynbrook Runner's Stop or on Saturday, from 6:30 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. at Lynbrook North Middle School. The cost is $23.
- Food and Coat Drive: Schwartz Family Chiropractic in Malverne is holding its annual food and coat drive today through Dec. 3. Drop off non-perishable canned or packaged goods, toiletries, hats, gloves, coats, scarves and unopened packages of socks to the office (301 Hempstead Ave.). All donations will go to Long Island Cares, and to thank donors, Dr. Pennie will be offering all chiropractic services on those days at no charge for new patients. Call 516-599-6556 for more information.