Here are the top five headlines for Nov. 21.
- February Break: To make up some of the mandatory instructional days lost during Superstorm Sandy and last month's Nor'easter, the West Hempstead school board voted last night to cancel February vacation this year. But what will happen if the district has to use snow days this winter? Click here for the story.
- Lynbrook Crime: Coming up later this morning, see what crimes were reported in the village of Lynbrook this week.
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors: Superstorm Sandy brought out the best in many local people. Click here to tell us what was the nicest thing that anyone did for you throughout the storm and its aftermath.
- Traffic Signals Fixed: More than three weeks after Superstorm Sandy knocked out power to the traffic signals at this busy West Hempstead intersection, they were finally fixed Tuesday soon after a third crash occurred.
- Small Business Saturday: Small Business Saturday is the new Black Friday. Don't forget to support your local small businesses by shopping there on Nov. 24. If you're a small business owner, click here to post the details about your Small Business Saturday specials.