Here are the top five headlines for Nov. 29.
- West130 Opens: Nearly two years after the infamous Courtesy Hotel in West Hempstead closed its doors, the luxury apartment complex constructed in its place opened this week for VIP tours and leasing. Click here for details.
- Crime Blotter: Coming up later this morning, see what crimes were committed in Nassau County's new Fourth Precinct, which now includes West Hempstead, Lakeview and N. Lynbrook.
- Lighting of Malverne: Malverne's annual holiday lighting is this Saturday. Click here for a guide to all the scheduled festivities.
- Budget Cafe: The West Hempstead School District is once again asking the community to get involved in crafting its school budget, now for the 2013-14 school year. Find out today how you can participate.
- February Break: Now that Lynbrook, West Hempstead and many other area school districts have cancelled most, if not all, of their scheduled February breaks to make-up for lost instruction time due to Hurricane Sandy, see later today how one New York politician is trying to help families who had planned vacations for those days.