Here are the top five headlines for Oct. 22.
- Halls Pond Restoration: West Hempstead esidents had a chance to question Nassau County officials about the progress of the Halls Pond Park restoration at Wednesday's Community Support Association meeting. Click here to see what work still needs to be done at the park.
- TVASNAC: The Town Village Aircraft Safety and Noise Abatemement Committee, of which Malverne is a member, will be holding its monthly meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. at East Williston Village Hall (2 Prospect Street, East Williston). The guest speaker is Carmine Gallo, regional administrator for the FAA. All area residents are invited to attend.
- Dairy Barn Closing: After nearly 50 years in business, the Lynbrook Dairy Barn is closing this Saturday. Find out what will happen to the store and its employees here.
- Crimes Nearby: See what major crimes made headlines this week in the communities neighboring Malverne, West Hempstead and Lynbrook later today.
- Lyn Gift Shop: The Lyn Gift Shop recently learned that it has been in business for atleast 80 years. Find out what item unlocked this piece of history and how local officials honored "the gem" of the business community later today.