Here are the top five headlines for Oct. 9.
- Fatal Crash: Four 18-year-olds from Queens were killed in an early morning crash Monday on the Southern State Parkway near Malverne. Click here for the latest story.
- Malverne School Board: The Malverne Board of Education will be holding its monthly business meeting at 8 p.m. tonight in the high school library. Look for the agenda later this morning.
- Policy Meeting: The West Hempstead school board will be holding a special policy meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. in the high school, where they will be discussing policies on a range of topics including investments, purchasing, sexual harassment, students' possesion of weapons, cell phones, free student lunches and board ethics, which Past President Walter Ejnes suggested be addressed in light of allegations made against Trustee Cynthia DiMiceli in recent months.
- Train Survey: The results are in. Click here to find out how LIRR commuters in Malverne, West Hempstead, Lakeview, Lynbrook, Franklin Square and Valley Stream responded to this survey conducted by the village of Malverne regarding restoring a popular westbound morning train on the West Hempstead branch.
- Mobile Town Hall: The Town of Hempstead government is coming to Lynbrook this Saturday. The TOH Mobile Town Hall will be stationed inside Greis Park on Oct. 13 for the village's 22nd Annual Expo. Find out more later today.