Here are some of the most interesting blogs from the past week:
- Throw Your Money Down the Sewer: According to this article the following are the worst charities. The worst charities devote less than four percent to direct cash aid.
- 3D Mammograms Advance Screening, Detection: Digital mammograms are the gold standard for breast cancer screening. A new device enhances this technology by producing a three-dimensional (3D) image of the breast.
- Six Reasons Why You Should Become a Tax Volunteer: If you’re looking for a way to help your community, then consider becoming a tax volunteer. The IRS is looking for volunteers now who will provide free tax help next year.
- Humanist Community: It has been well documented that, superstition aside, religious practice grounded in community meets a variety of deep and abiding human needs.
- Dr. Oz Gives Supermarket Prescription for Reducing Cellulite: An overwhelming majority of us, 85% of adult women, have cellulite and Dr. Oz is convinced that we can easily do something about it and get actual results.
- Should I Or Shouldn't I?: Divorce is rarely a simple or easy decision to make. It can have enormous consequences, particularly if children are involved, and the emotional and physical toll can be hard on everyone.
- Just One More Week to Act: In just one week the Maritime Administration (“MarAd”) will stop accepting public comments on the plans to build a deepwater LNG port in coastal waters off Long Beach, NY and Sandy Hook, NJ.
- Cosmic Distances: Cosmic distances are so huge, it is hard for us to comprehend them. We generally measure distances in miles and a long distance can be a few miles, if you are walking, or a few hundred miles, if you are driving, or a few thousand miles, if you are flying.
- Three Tips for Finding the Support to Succeed: Going to college can be difficult for any person. However, adult students face additional pressures when returning to school.