Busy week? No worries. Every Sunday, Patch highlights the top six stories of the week so you can catch up on all of the big local news.
Here are the top 7 local stories of the past week on Malverne-West Hempstead-Lynbrook Patch:
- Cops: West Hempstead Spa Employees Offered Sex Acts for Money: An undercover investigation of a West Hempstead day spa led to the arrests of two unlicensed massage therapists who allegedly offered to perform sex acts in exhange for money.
- Protest of Lynbrook Pet Shop Leads to Arrest: One protester was arrested in Lynbrook after Long Island Orchestrating for Nature held a demonstration outside a pet shop on Atlantic Avenue.
- : Malverne village officials updated residents Wednesday night on developments regarding two big commercial properties in the village.
- Trio Attacks Man at Lakeview Deli: Three Lakeview residents were arrested for attacking and robbing a man at a deli on Woodfield Road.
- OLL Teacher Teresa McKee Dies: Funeral services were held this week for a long-time teacher at Our Lady of Lourdes School in Malverne.
- New 'No Turn on Red' Signs Installed on Deadly Turnpike: In an attempt to make Hempstead Turnpike -- the deadliest road in the Tri-State area -- safer, signs were added at traffic intersections including those in West Hempstead.
- Strikes for Sandy: OLP Helps Hurricane Victims: Nearly 100 people turned out for a bowling fundraiser in Malverne in late December, one of many programs organized by Our Lady of Peace Parish in Lynbrook to aid local victims of Superstorm Sandy.
Do you have some local news you'd like to share? Post an announcement on Patch by clicking here.