Here's a look at this week's Top 7 stories.
- Malverne PD: NYC Man Arrested for Alleged Sexual Assault of Ex-Girlfriend: Malverne Police responded to a home in the village on Thursday for a report of a sexual assault, which led to an arrest. Click on the link above for more.
- : The luxury apartment complex erected at the former site of the infamous Courtesy Hotel in West Hempstead opened earlier this week for VIP tours and leasing specials. Click on the headline for details.
- Lynbrook Schools Change Calendar Due to Hurricane Sandy: The Lynbrook Board of Education joined other local school districts in canceling most of the scheduled February break to restore instructional days lost due to Superstorm Sandy and the Nor'easter the slammed the area shortly after. Click on the headline for the story and to share your thoughts on the decision.
- West Hempstead in Talks to Lease School Building: At the final meeting of the West Hempstead School District's Space Utilization Committee, officials revealed that the Board of Education was in talks with two potential new tenants to lease the former Marian Delaney School on Eagle Avenue after Nassau BOCES leaves in June. Click here for the full story.
- : Two people were arrested for prostitution at the Lynbrook Capri Motor Inn, sparking comments from Patch readers about what can be done to address the crime at this establishment. Click on the headline to read the full police blotter.
- Lynbrook Waiving Permit Fees for Homeowners Impacted by Sandy: Granting a break to residents and merchants who sustained property damage during Superstorm Sandy, the Lynbrook village board announced that it's waiving permit fees for work that needs to be done to restore homes and businesses.
- Malverne Student Musician Selected for Prestigious Choir: One Malverne High School senior made history recently when she was selected to perform with the American Choral Directors Association National Honor Choir. Click on the headline above to see who it is.
Never miss a big local story. Get Malverne-West Hempstead-Lynbrook Patch news delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.