Ticket Sales Rep, NY Islanders
• Generate business revenue using all sales methods, including cold calls, face to face appointments, prospecting and networking
• Manage accounts in order to exceed established monthly sales goals
• Conduct 50 - 75 new calls on a daily basis
• Aggressive prospecting in order to generate new business relationships
• Conduct face to face sales presentations with prospects and potential customers• Develop prospects by calling on self-generated leads and lists provided of former customers
• Establish professional relations to create repeat business
• Work Islanders home games for the purpose of developing new prospects, servicing customers, and performing other game night duties
Associate Specialist, Event Management, Canon
- Event set-up and logistics
- Attendance at on-site and off-site events
- Ground transportation, rooming lists and floor plans
- Creation of event/program communication materials and e-mails
- Budget maintenance, payment of invoices and accrual submissions
- Create event plan and procure sale items for corporate fundraisers
- Respond to sponsorship and donation requests
- Ongoing evaluation, goal setting for treatment of patients, progression of treatment, and planning for discharge.
- Education and communication with clients/caregivers.
- Assisting clients in problem solving, billing issues, scheduling, etc.
- Verbal and written communication with veterinarians and other caregivers of rehabilitation patients in a timely manner.
- Daily charting, charges, and communication documentation.
- Public relations and education (whether that be to staff, veterinarians, clients, potential clients or the general public) about the profession of animal rehabilitation and what PT can offer as a profession.
Assistant manager is responsible for aiding the store manager with the overall supervision and management of the entire store while continuously driving sales.
Director, Revenue Cycle Management, NSLIJ
- Manages administrative direction of assigned accounts receivable department(s)
- Develops and monitors strategic operating goals, objectives and budget; and reports operational performance, justification and/or corrective action.
- In conjunction with Information Services and Finance, ensures optimal registration flows as they relate to accounts receivables. Ensures the accuracy of patient data statistics as they relate to admissions, discharges and outpatient visits.
- Reviews aged trial balances. Ensures accounts on the Aged Trial Balance reports are handled in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Troubleshoots various patient issues as it relates to collections;
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulatory standards
- Preparing and serving food for general dining, events, and other related food service functions.
- Maintaining sanitary procedures
- Acting as a cashier
- Training/supervising part time and seasonal employees
- Providing support for the coffee bar as needed.
- Conduct individual needs assessments on victims/survivors of alcohol and drugged driving crashes
- Create and implement a tailored case management action plan
- Conduct community needs assessments and analyze results
- Create and implement effective outreach strategies to reach victims/survivors of drunk and drugged driving crashes
- Establish and utilize a network of key individuals in the legal, medical, and social service systems to facilitate assistance for victims/survivors.
- Recruit, screen, train, deploy, and recognize volunteers who provide assistance in meeting Victim Service initiatives.
- Maintain accurate case records, statistical information and grant reports
- Responsible for maintaining, and managing 100+ Local Chapters of the NAPW, both face to face and remotely
- Trains Chapter Presidents and assists them with planning, coordination and publication of monthly meetings
- Responsible for managing calendar of events scheduled for appropriate chapter
- Responsible for inventory control for Local Chapter supplies
- Assists with monthly President Conference Calls content and speaker designation
- Will travel to attend local chapter meeting, brand NAPW, be the “face” of the organization
- Assist local chapters in establishing effective social media and then managing the social media of these chapters
- Leads the development and deployment of the Leviton supplier quality strategy. Manage the global supplier quality network in support of new product and current production supplier quality
- Provide/Identify resources to the supply base for Quality methods, tools and training.
- Develops and deploys a comprehensive set of quality methods to manage supplier quality performance for new products and current production
- Drives the culture change in the Supply base to instill a QMS focus and use of APQP deliverables, tools, and training
- Use of Six Sigma and other problem solving methodologies.
- Identifies resources and training to assist supplier development.
- Create individual drawings for each project as well as site plans when provided
- Create drawing package for special projects such as bid packages
- Make necessary revisions to drawings.
- Prioritize all work by due dates
- Provide summary report on a weekly basis on discrepancies and progress on large projects
- Perform job functions per company standards