The Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers will meet in Super Bowl XLV this Sunday in Dallas, Texas. But the game will undoubtedly be watched across America, and Patch has your guide to local bars and restaurants televising football's main event.
- Located at: 275 Merrick Road
- Details: This restaurant/sports bar is offering a four-hour special. For $45 you get an open bar, hor d’oeuvres and a grand buffet.
- Phone: (516) 256-2820
- Located at: 100 Ocean Avenue
- Details: The family owned and recently remodeled sports bar is offering an open bar and buffet for $40.
- Phone: (516) 599-2700
- Located at: 948 Broadway, Woodmere
- Details: This nightclub and sports bar has been around since 1959. Backstage is having an all-inclusive package for $30, which includes an open bar and halftime buffet from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Phone: (516) 374-5252
- Located at: 332 Central Avenue, Lawrence
- Details: This neighborhood bar is offering a free halftime buffet, with drink specials to be announced at the start of the game.
- Phone: (516) 295-9870
MALVERNE AND WEST HEMPSTEAD
- Located at: 280 Hempstead Avenue, Malverne
- Details: Beginning at kick-off, this Irish pub will offer an open bar and buffet for $25.
- Phone: (516) 887-5160
- Located at: 510 Hempstead Turnpike, West Hempstead
- Details: This neighborhood pool room, lounge and bar will be starting its Super Bowl party 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Watch the big game on 42-inch televisions while enjoying 10 wings for a quarter each with each pint of beer purchased, and $3 Coronas. If you want to play pool before 9 p.m., you can enjoy three hours for only $30.
- Phone: 516-538-9896
Game time is 6:30 p.m. Please call ahead and make arrangements, as some places have limited space available.