Snow day's can be a great time to stay indoors and sip hot cocoa, but if the kids are driving you crazy already, here are some activities in the neighborhood to keep them busy.
- Tire them out with some sledding or tubing at . The hills leading to the athletic fields provide a safe place for the kids to go soaring down on flying saucers away from traffic.
- See if your kids can guess where was taken in Malverne or West Hempstead. Hint: It's inside a place where they may spend much of their time Monday through Friday.
- Megamind is playing at the . For a list of show-times for this kid flick at the local theater, and some more adult films if you can get a sitter to relieve you for a couple of hours,
- Your local libraries in and are open if you're in need of some new books or DVDs to entertain the kids.
- Didn't have time to get to the grocery store or too tired from shoveling to cook? Most area eateries are open for business, so you can take the family out tonight. For a list of restaurants in Malverne and West Hempstead, click here. You can also rate them here too!
- Don't let the kids have all the fun. Get the whole family outside for a snowball fight or build a snow man - or even did after the last blizzard - and be sure to share photos of it all on Patch! (You can upload them yourself here or e-mail Tara.Conry@Patch.com.