It's hard not to be filled with the spirit of the holidays this morning after all the festive events that took place this weekend in Malverne and West Hempstead.
Check out photos and video from the holiday tree lightings and more. Plus, join in a Zumba party to fight cancer tonight and hear what the Malverne school district had to say about some concerns regarding construction at Davison Intermediate School.
Here are your top headlines for Dec. 5.
- Lighting of Malverne: The village of Malverne was brightened up for the holidays at its annual lighting Saturday night. performed the honors of powering on the village's Christmas tree here and look for more photos and video coverage from the event later today.
- Holiday at Halls: The West Hempstead community welcomed the holiday season with its annual tree lighting and blessing of the Nativity at Halls Pond Park Sunday. Check out and see our video report from this year's event this afternoon.
- Davison Avenue Construction: See what the Malverne school district had to say about a concern that was aired on Facebook regarding construction underway at the Davison Avenue Intermediate School. We'll have the story at 9 a.m.
- Zumba Battles Cancer: Who knew dancing could help fight cancer? Get a fun and effective workout tonight at a special Zumba class atin Malverne led by instructor and village resident Maria Hafker. The class, which will be held from 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., will only cost you $10, which will be donated to the Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, along with any money raised through raffle sales.
- Crimes Nearby: See what crimes made headlines in communities close to Malverne and West Hempstead this week. Click here to view the story.