As another week kicks off in Malverne and West Hempstead, let's take a peak at the Monday's daily headlines and look at the events that are taking place today.
Here's the top things to know for Feb. 28:
- Grossmann's Farm Questions: The Malverne Historical Society's was packed Sunday afternoon with residents eager to get answers from the farmer and land trust selected to restore . See what they had to say at 4 p.m. today when the story posts.
- Derby Winners: Check out the photos and winners of the Pine Wood Derby recently held at in West Hempstead. Cub Scouts from Pack 240, Boy Scouts from Troop 240 and their families, designed cars and raced them throughout the day. See their interesting creations and the winning craftsmen later this morning.
- Zumba for a Cause: Join Malverne resident and fitness instructor Maria Salcedo-Hafker tonight at for a night of dancing and fundraising. The program runs from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. All are welcomed to join. The cost is $20 per person or two for $30, so grab a friend and dance the night away.
- Italian Eats: Check out the latest edition of our Food For Thought column this afternoon to learn about some delectable Italian dishes at three local restaurants. One of them even shared a recipe with us.
- School Meetings: The West Hempstead Parent-Teacher Association meets at 7:30 p.m. tonight at
Patch is also looking for submissions for our column, in which we celebrate the spectacular young people in the community and their accomplishments. Nominate your child, a student in your class or a player from a local sports team you coach by e-mailing Tara.Conry@Patch.com.
Check back tomorrow for your Daily Five list for Tuesday, March 1.