Happy Leap Day!
It's only once every four years that we get an extra day in February so make the most of it.
Plus, the Federal Aviation Administration has concluded their investigation of the falling black sludge in Malverne. Find out what they have to say. Check for coverage of last night's school budget review session in Malverne and look at some important events happening around the neighborhood today. Here are your top headlines for Feb. 29.
- Sludge Probe: Inspectors for the Federal Aviation Administration visited the home of a Malverne couple who said black sludge rained down on them last week as a plane flew by. See what the FAA said about their investigation .
- Law and Order: Malverne will honor the men and women who serve and protect the village tonight at a special ceremony that starts at 7 p.m. at the . If you can't attend, look for coverage on Patch later this week.
- Budget Review: Many teachers, some who also happen to be residents, of the Malverne school district filled the high school library last night for the first review session of the proposed 2012-2013 budget. Hear what they had to say later today.
- Wellness Committee/Green Team: Get involved in making the West Hempstead school district healthier and more environmentally-friendly by taking part in the Wellness Committee meeting at 3:30 p.m. at and the Green Team meeting at 7 p.m. at
- Police Precincts: Check out our latest coverage of the Nassau County Police precincts merger at 9 a.m. this morning.