Here are the top five headlines for July 19.
- Crime Watch: See what crimes were reported in West Hempstead and other parts of the Fifth Precinct including a string of car thefts by clicking .
- Tri Program: Read about the hard work one group of middle school students in Lynbrook has been putting in this summer to prepare for their first triathlon. That story is coming up later today.
- Marion Delaney School: Residents made several great suggestions for what the West Hempstead school district should do with the soon-to-be vacant Marion Delaney (Eagle Avenue) School building once Nassau BOCES leaves. Read about their ideas and share your own.
- Farmers' Market: It's Thursday, which means the Farmers' Market returns to Lynbrook again. (Don't forget that at Monday's village board meeting, officials approved relocating the market. Click to see where it will be now.)
- Blood Drives: A blood drive will be held today at the from 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (The will also be holding a drive Monday from 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. All donors will receive two tickets to a NY Mets home game.)