Here are the Five Things You Need to Know for June 21 in Malverne-West Hempstead.
- Prom/Graduation: seniors are headed to prom tonight. (Parents, upload your pre-prom photos to our prom gallery.) West Hempstead's graduation will take place this Sunday at 5 p.m. at C.W. Post. Malverne's graduation will be held Friday at 6 p.m. on the high school athletic field or inside if weather is poor. Look for coverage on Patch in the coming days.
- Local Crime: See what burglaries, thefts, acts of vandalism and other crimes were committed in the neighborhood this week. to access the blotter.
- Community Support: In addition to providing residents with a the apartment complex being built at the old Courtesy Hotel site, the West Hempstead Community Support Association's June 14 meeting also addressed local crime. Hear what Nassau County Police had to say about crime in West Hempstead and how residents can combat it later today.
- School Board: The final meeting of the West Hempstead school board for the 2011-2012 school year was a tense one. In addition to learning about the latest test scores, grants and progress on the district's strategic plan, residents also called for the removal of one trustee. Look for the story later this morning.
- Best Bagel: We're looking to crown one local business across Malverne, West Hempstead, Lynbrook and Rockville Centre the Readers' Choice winner for having the best bagel. Nominate your favorite place .