Customers of Long Island American Water, including those in Malverne, will soon see their water rates rise. Learn more about this, as well as a meeting tonight regarding the new restaurant slated to open in the village, local crime and more.
Here are the top headlines for March 22.
- Rate Increase: A New York State Public Service Commission approved a request by Long Island American Water to charge its customers more. See how much your water bill will rise and find out what the commission is requiring the company to do regarding the brown water complaints. for the story.
- Crime Watch: See what burglaries, thefts and other crimes were reported in the neighborhood this week. Look for the story later this morning.
- New Restaurant: The village of Malverne's Architectural Review Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. tonight to review plans for slated to open on Hempstead Avenue in the old Tri-Color building. Check Patch tomorrow for coverage of the meeting.
- Lakeview Street Project: A section of Woodfield Road in Lakeview will soon be getting a facelift. Yesterday, the Hempstead Town Board approved a streetscaping project for this part of the neighborhood. to learn more.
- School Board Recap: Find out what you missed at Tuesday's school board meeting in West Hempstead later today.