A souper scavenger hunt, a scramble for Easter eggs, Little League Opening Day and a rally are among the many events happening in the neighborhood this Saturday.
Learn more about these programs and check out today's top stories. Here's the five must-know things for March 30.
- West Hempstead Budget: See what changes were made to West Hempstead's proposed school budget. Check out our coverage of Tuesday's budget review session later this morning.
- Rally for Trayvon: Nassau County Legis. Robert Troiano, who represents Lakeview, is encouraging residents to attend a rally in Hempstead Saturday to stand up for slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin. for detalls and to tell us what you think of this case, which has garnered national attention.
- Readers' Choice: We'll be crowning a winner in our Readers' Choice contest today. You have until noon to for the best nail salon in Malverne and West Hempstead. Check back later today to see if your favorite place won!
- Souper Scavenger Hunt: There's still time to sign up for Saturday's Souper Scavenger Hunt, sponsored by Youth Group and the Malverne Civic Association. You can create a team and compete for points by collecting food to feed the hungry, or you can assist those playing the game by making a donation. .
- More Weekend Events: Malverne Little League will kick of its season Saturday morning at 9 a.m., the West Hempstead Lions Club will host an at at 11 a.m. and Lakeview's First Things First Girls Mentoring Program will meet at 2:45 p.m. at the Lakeview Public Library for a session featuring martial arts and African dance. Know of another event happening this week? Tell us in the comments section below or add it to our calendar here.