As we kiss March good-bye, let's take a look at some at the work of our local students, changes to our communities and a fun way to raise funds for your cause.
Here's the top stories and events planned for today, March 31:
- PB & J Time: Dozens of Howard T. Herber Middle School students devoted their time last week to crafting peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for homeless and hungry Long Islanders who visit the INN soup kitchen. to see what inspired the students to participate in this program, many for the second time in the same year, and check out the photos of the volunteers in action.
- Family Lit Night: Students in the West Hempstead School District will gather with their families tonight to focus on literacy. The celebration of student work will start at 7: 30 p.m. in the high school.
- View Finder: Grace Lutheran School in Malverne found a way to raise funds for education while shedding pounds and having fun. Local ladies and even some of their kids put on their sneakers and showed off their dance moves during a two hour Zumba-thon. Check out photos from the event this afternoon.
- Local Trends: The 2010 Census results were recently released and Patch delves into what the stats reveal about the communities of Malverne and West Hempstead. Check back later today to see what we discovered.
- Open Houses: In the market for a home or just curious to see what local houses are up for sale. Get a look at some of the open houses scheduled this weekend in Malverne and West Hempstead.