Tomorrow night the track at Malverne High School will light up, both literally and figuratively-speaking, with hope for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life.
Learn more about this event today on Patch. Plus, get the latest local crime report, read about Long Island American Water's big acquisition and more.
- Crime Watch: See what burglaries, thefts and other crimes were committed in the neighborhood this week. Click here for the Crime Watch.
- Relay for Life: Malverne's Relay for Life, a charity walk benefitting the American Cancer Society, will take place Friday night at Malverne H.S. Learn more about the event here. Plus, later today, see how the Malverne Mud Hens baseball players recently raised money for their Relay team.
- Budget Presentation: The West Hempstead school district will be holding another presentation this morning for community members to learn about the proposed 2012-13 the board adopted last month. It will take place from 9:15-9:45 a.m. at There will also be one tomorrow, from 8:05-8:35 a.m. in the cafeteria.
- Tennis Registration: The village of Malverne is holding registration for its spring tennis program tonight from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Lessons will be held outdoors at the Harold T. Walker Park tennis courts on Woodfield Road in Lakeview on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4-8 p.m. and are tentatively scheduled to begin the week of May 7. Cost is $70 for children who are Malverne residents, $80 for non-Malverne residents and adults pay $110.
- Water Company Deal: Long Island American Water, the utility that provides H2O to residents of Malverne, Lakeview and surrounding communities, completed its big acquisition earlier this week, making it the largest company of its kind in New York. for details.