Want to know what made headlines in the towns right near Malverne and West Hempstead. Here are the most interesting stories from neighboring Patches this week:
- The Lawrence-Cedarhurst Fire Department had their hands full when they responded to on Monday: A fall victim was airlifted to the hospital and a false alarm prompted rescuers to scare some duck hunters.
- Continuing a slate of robberies in Lawrence, a of $47 and car keys by a masked man in an underground garage.
- A Lawrence temple held a with a Queens church for their ninth annual Martin Luther King, Jr. day commemoration.
- In a story on Five Towns Patch, a Lynbrook graduate and Hewlett native has the chance to win $1 million after his for Pepsi Max is a finalist in the "Crash the Super Bowl" contest.
- A Lynbrook High School student 2010 National Soccer Coaches Association of America’s Scholar All-Eastern Region Team.
- Two children's Marion Street School as part of the state's Parents As Reading Partners program.
- A Lynbrook woman was arrested and charged with vehicular manslaughter after she a 63-year-old male pedestrian in Freeport.
- City residents marched in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr., who had visited the city many years ago. Check out the .
- The only Jewish member of the 1993 Super Bowl champion Dallas Cowboys, , recently visited Long Beach's Bach Jewish Center.
- Long Beach Patch of the city's library, which has always been a focal point of the city's history.
- Four homes on the same street on the same day earlier this month, police reported.
- Two days after 17 malnourished dogs were removed from a Rockville Centre home, police discovered at another RVC home. Two cats and 14 dogs were rescued.
- RVC Patch's holistic health coach 10 Natural Ways to stop a cold or virus.