If you're tired of the traffic cones and construction in downtown Malverne that has been going on for weeks, we have some good news today.
Plus, the first round of Q&A's with the Hempstead Town and Nassau County candidates up for election Tuesday begins. . We also take our weekly look at crime in the neighborhood, gear up for playoffs and more.
Here's the top headlines for Nov. 3.
- Downtown Construction: At last night's meeting of the Malverne Village Board, Public Works Superintendent Paul Jessup gave an update on the beautification project which has made it more difficult to drive and park on Hempstead Avenue in recent weeks. See what he had to say .
- Playoff Action: Malverne and West Hempstead High School both have playoff games this Saturday. . Plus, to read about two key players who will help the Rams football team make a run for a title.
- Crime Watch: See what burglaries, car thefts and other crimes were committed in the area this week by clicking .
- Holiday Lighting Registration: It's hard to believe that the Malverne Holiday Lighting is only one month away. If you want your kids to enjoy the popular Breakfast with Santa, cookie-decorating and other activities that will be taking place that week,you'll need to register at Village Hall on Nov. 5 at 9 a.m. (Get there early. These events fill up fast!)
- Art Auction: Tomorrow night the Malverne Merchants will host an art auction fundraiser at the American Legion. Food and drinks will also be served. (The cost is $10 per person or $15 per couple.) The event starts at 7 p.m. and the auction at 8 p.m. Come out and enjoy this event while supporting the merchants. For more events happening ths weekend including a to support , look for our guide Friday afternoon.