If the noise of airplanes flying over your home has been rattling your nerves lately you'll want to check out our report today on a meeting held Monday night with residents and air travel officials.
Plus, find out about crimes that happened in the area, get your child ready for college and more.
Here are your top headlines for Oct. 25.
- Plane Noise: Find out what happened when Nassau residents and members of the the Town-Village Aircraft Safety & Noise Abatement Committee (TVASNAC) posed questions to representatives from the Federal Aviation Administration, the Port Authority and TRACON regarding excessive noise from air traffic flying over their communities. Also, learn about Malverne's status on the committee. Patch will have the report later today.
- Crimes Nearby: See what major crimes occurred in the neighborhoods near Malverne and West Hempstead this morning.
- Malverne Street Fair: Check out photos this afternoon from Malverne's annual Fall Festival including the adorable four-legged residents who came decked out in Halloween costumes.
- College Night: Get your child psyched and prepared for higher education at Malverne High School's Parent-Student College Connection Night. The program runs from 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. in the library.
- Candidates Forum: The Lakeview Chapter of the NAACP will hold a forum tonight for residents to learn more about the political candidates up for election next month. It will be held at 8 p.m. at St Paul AME Church (453 Pershing Blvd, Rockville Centre).
And don't forget to enter Patch's Halloween photo contest for a chance to show off you're child's creative costume and win a trip to L.A. or N.Y., where you'll meet our celebrity judge Heidi Klum!