From crime to politics, education to local history, there is much happening in Malverne and West Hempstead this Thursday.
Find out more by checking out the top headlines for Sept. 22.
- Candidates Forum: The West Hempstead Rotary Club is hosting a candidates night at 6:30 p.m. at Villa Umberto, located at 90 Meacham Avenue in Elmont. Here's your chance to hear from many of the politicians running in the November Nassau County and Town of Hempsead elections.
- Crime Report: Find out what crimes occurred around the neighborhood this week when our Crime Watch posts later today.
- Historical Society Finds Home: For years, the West Hempstead Historical Society's collection of local artifacts were kept tucked away in the basements of members homes but now they found a place where they will be displayed for all the community to see. Find out more this afternoon.
- Ghostsbusters: Check out the story and photos from the Paranormal Adventures seminar held at the Malverne Public Library Wednesday to learn about some ghostly local encounters.
- School Meetings: Several school meetings are scheduled in the Malverne and West Hempstead today. In Malverne, the Wellness Committee convenes at 2:30 p.m. in the high school library, Meet Your Coach takes place at 6:30 p.m. at Herber followed by Back to School Night at the middle school from 7 to 9 p.m. West Hempstead will hold an ESL Parent Workshop at Cornwell Avenue at 6 p.m. followed by Back to School Night from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. St. Thomas the Apostle also has its school board meeting at 7:30 p.m.
Oh, and the West Nile pesticide spraying will continue in the area today. for a detailed map and schedule.