Here are the top five headlines for Oct. 1.
- Commuter Survey: As the Long Island Railroad considers restoring weekday service cuts to the West Hempstead Branch, including the 7:23 a.m. out of Malverne, officials are polling riders to see what they want. Click here to read the story and take the six-question survey.
- Crimes Nearby: Coming up later this morning, see what crimes made headlines in communities neighboring Malverne, West Hempstead and Lynbrook this week.
- Lynbrook Village Board: The village of Lynbrook's Board of Trustees will hold its monthly meeting tonight at 8 p.m. (A work session will preceed the meeting at 7 p.m.) Click here to see what's on the agenda.
- Recognition for Waverly Park: See why this Lynbrook school was recently recognized by the New York State Department of Education later today.
- DWTS Malverne-Style: Did you get your tickets yet for Malverne's version of Dancing with the Stars on Oct. 13? Don't miss your chance to see five local couples compete on the dance floor while raising funds for the Malverne Historical Society. Call Rosalie (599-1028) or Robert (792-1910) to reserve your tickets. Later this week, we'll give you a sneak peek at the contestants and how their rehearsals have been going.
Reminder: Don't forget about Tuesday's meeting of the West Hempstead School District Space Utilization Committee. All community members interested in the fate of the Eagle Avenue and Chestnut Street schools should attend. It starts at 7:30 p.m. in West Hempstead High School.