Here are the top headlines for Oct. 3.
- Abuse Lawsuit: NYS Assemblyman Harvey Weisenberg and his wife filed a lawsuit Monday against a West Hempstead man and his former employer, alleging that their son suffered abuse while in the agency's care. Click here for the story.
- Village Board: The Malverne village board will hold its October business meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. in Village Hall. Look for coverage later this week on Patch.
- Fundraiser for Mary: Our Lady of Peace School in Lynbrook held a fundraiser Saturday for one of its students who is battling cancer. Look for the story and photos later today.
- Pursuit of Pride: Malverne High School's championship marching band hosted its first competition at home Sunday. Check out photos from their performance later this morning and upload your shots from the show.
- Marian Delaney's Fate: Lease, sell or demolish? At Tuesday night's meeting of the West Hempstead school district's Space Utilization Committee, residents weighed in on what they would like to see happen to the Marian Delaney School once Nassau BOCES vacates it in June. Find out what they said and share your opinions on the building's fate later today.