Here are the top five headlines for Sept. 26.
- Yom Kippur: Malverne, West Hempstead and Lynbrook public schools and the the Hebrew Academy of Nassau County's West Hempstead schools are closed today in observance of Yom Kippur. Learn more about this Jewish holiday by clicking here.
- BadConsumers.com: There's plenty of sites on the Web for customers to complain about businesses that don't deliver on their promises but none for small business owners to report consumers that don't hold up their end of the deal. Find out how one Malverne man is leveling this playing field later this morning.
- Broncos Homecoming: The West Hempstead Broncos held their homecoming on Sunday. Click here for photos.
- TVASNAC: In Part I of Patch's coverage of the September meeting of the Town-Village Aircraft Safety and Noise Abatement Committee, Port Authority officials discussed a major runway reconstruction project at JFK airport that could impact air traffic in the area. Later today, find out what questions and concerns were expressed to the officials.
- Lynbrook Sports: Later today, see how Lynbrook High School's fall sports teams are faring so far this season.