Busy week? No worries. Every Sunday, Patch highlights the top stories of the week so you can catch up on all of the big local news.
Here's a look at this week's Top 7:
- Suspect Arrested for Robbing Women at Local Hotels: Police say they have caught the man responsible for robbing three women at gunpoint inside area hotels including the Lynbrook Holiday Inn Express. Click on the link above for the story.
- Malverne Man Launches BadConsumers.com: Tired of being at the mercy of unscrupulous customers, one small business owner in Malverne launched a game-changing Web site this month. Click here to see how it will help small businesses deal with "bad consumers."
- Lakeview Fire Chief Named 'Person of the Year': The West Hempstead Community Support Association named Lakeview Fire Chief Heather Senti the winner of their 2012 Person of the Year Award. Click on the link above to read her story.
- Lynbrook Firefighter Injured in Basement Blaze: When a fire broke out inside the basement of a Lynbrook home Friday, firefighters had to overcome these challenges to extinguish the blaze.
- Malverne Motorman Nominated for Hero Award: See what heroic act earned Bruce Petry -- a Malverne man, former cop and MTA motorman -- a nomination for a Hometown Hero award from The New York Daily News.
- : Lakeview firefighters responded to a serious crash last Sunday on the Southern State Parkway between Malverne and West Hempstead, where the driver lost control, took out a guard rail and a tree after allegedly speeding. Click here for the story and photos.
- Port Authority Officials Field Questions From Concerned Locals: Two Port Authority officials were the guest speakers at this month's meeting of the Town-Village Aircraft Safety and Noise Abatement Committee, charged with tackling Nassau County's air traffic concerns. In addition to revealing their plans for a major construction project at JFK aiport that could impact runway rotation, officials also fieleded several questions on various topics.
Photo Galleries: Also, check out our photos from the Lynbrook High School Homecoming, the West Hempstead Broncos Homecoming and the Malverne Civic Association's Meet and Greet.
Never miss a big local story. Get Malverne-West Hempstead-Lynbrook Patch news delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here. Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter for real-time updates, contests and more.