Yes, it's pretty grey out there but don't fret! There are plenty of possibilities to fill your day.
1. Pay a visit to your local library and see what types of programs are being offered today. Darlene Graham is playing at the Lynbrook Library today at 2 p.m. Preference given to Lynbrook card holders, but non residents might get in anyway.
2. The Long Island Children's Museum is open today. Stop by the stART (Story and Art) program for just $3/non members or $2/members at 1 p.m.
3. Head down the Belt Parkway to the New York Aquarium for the A-Maze-ing Water exhibit. Regular admission for kids is $15.95 but if you go after 3 p.m. you can make a donation as little as $5.
4. Head on over to Open Gym time at The Jumping Gym today at 2 p.m.
5. "Ice Age: Continental Drift" and "Brave" are showing at your local movie theatre. Have a conversation with your child about the Colorado tragedy if prompted, but tread lightly.
6. Open Bounce today at Bounce U Oceanside @ 2:30 p.m.
7. Stay home and create a craft like this Fuzzy Stick Flower Pencil Toppers. How cute! You can find the materials at my favorite store (lol), WalMart.