Here are the top five headlines for Aug. 29.
- Burglaries Arrest: Cops arrested a Franklin Square man Tuesday and charged him with a string of burglaries in his own community and an attempt in West Hempstead.
- Funeral Arrangements: Services will begin today for Lynbrook's beloved schools chief,, who died suddenly Monday of an apparent heart attack. Click for details.
- Lynbrook Crime: Coming up later this morning, see what arrests were made in the village of Lynbrook this past week.
- Air Traffic Action Plan: Our coverage of Monday's meeting of the Town-Village Aircraft Safety and Noise Abatement Committee continues today. during her appearance. Today, find out what plan of action an expert on the subject recommends the board take to address extreme aircraft noise in the area.
- Marching Band: The Pride of Malverne High School Marching Band members ended their summer vacation early to prepare to defend their back-to-back state titles. Look for the story and photos this afternoon.