Here are the top five headlines for Aug. 2.
- Malverne Firefighter Dies: Harold Petersen, a veteran Malverne firefighter and beloved ex-chief of the department died Tuesday. Learn more about Petersen's dedication to the village and his funeral services later today.
- Lynbrook Crime: Click to see what arrests were made and other crimes reported in the village of Lynbrook this week, including another case of associated with Astoria Federal Savings Bank.
- New Restaurant: Malverne may be getting another new restaurant in addition to coming to the old Tri Color building. Find out more later today.
- LIRR: A policy change by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority could save you money the next time you use the Long Island Railroad. Find out more later today. Plus, see what LIRR President Helena Williams told Patch about whether weekend service would be restored on the West Hempstead branch.
- Car Show: The weekly Car Show returns to Lynbrook tonight. It will take place from 6-8 p.m. in the municipal parking area behind the shops on Atlantic Avenue.