Here are the top headlines for Aug. 30.
- Vacant Space Tour: On Tuesday, the West Hempstead school district took residents on a tour of Chestnut Street School andbuildings as they weigh how to best utilize these spaces. Look for coverage later today.
- Crime Report: Click to see what West Hempstead business was burglarized over the weekend and what other crimes were reported recently in Nassau County's Fifth Precinct.
- Car Show: Don't miss the final car show of the summer in Lynbrook tonight. The show, sponsored by the Lynbrook Chamber of Commerce, is held in the parking lot behind the stores on Atlantic Avenue from 6 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Curran Competes for Vets: Later this morning, find out how NYS Assemblyman and former Lynbrook Village Mayor Brian Curran did at the Town of Oyster Bay Triathlon Sunday, where he competed to raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Project.
- Malverne Run for Education: The Malverne 5K Run/Walk for Education has teamed up with Lynbrook's Fly With the Owls and have introduced some exciting additions to this year's race. Find out more later today.
Stay connected to what's happening in your community and interact with other readers by becoming a fan of Malverne-West Hempstead-Lynbrook Patch on Facebook.