The following information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department, Rockville Centre Police Department and Garden City Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate guilt.
A Baldwin-based doctor was arrested Tuesday morning after an investigation by the Rockville Centre Police Department (RVCPD) discovered that the doctor had allegedly been illegally prescribing addictive painkillers to patients.
In an joint investigation initiated by the RVCPD in connection with the New York State Attorney General’s Office, it was learned that Anand Persuad had been illegally prescribing highly addictive painkillers, such as oxycodone, for cash without properly examining patients or documenting the transactions, police said.
Click the title to read more.
- On July 15 at 8:24 p.m., Christine Spencer, 37, of Rockville Centre, was arrested for criminal trespass in the third degree following an investigation by police personnel at Best Western 173 Sunrise Highway in Rockville Centre.
- On July 16 at 8:12 p.m., Milton Colon Jr., 37, of New York, was arrested for attempted petit larceny following an investigation by police personnel on Rockaway Avenue in Rockville Centre.
- On July 17 at 4:45 a.m., Ralph Hill, 28, of Jamaica, was arrested for driving while intoxicated and vehicle and traffic law violations following an investigation by police personnel on Merrick Road in Rockville Centre.
- On July 20 at 5:04 a.m., Brian J. Clarke, 31, of Rosedale, was arrested for aggravated driving while intoxicated and criminal impersonation in the second degree following an investigation by police personnel in the vicinity of Morris Avenue and Sunrise Highway in Rockville Centre.
- On July 21 at 5:35 a.m., Paul J. Cotugno, 25, of Lynbrook was arrested for criminal trespass in the third degree and attempted petit larceny following an investigation by police personnel in the vicinity of Hillside Avenue in Rockville Centre.
- On July 21 at 3:17 p.m., John A. Tomeo, 32, homeless, was arrested for burglary in the third degree following an investigation by police personnel at the Vineyard Christian Fellowship, located at 251 Merrick Road in Rockville Centre.
- On July 26, a Garden City police officer stopped a vehicle on Stewart Avenue and Kilburn Road for driving from lane to lane. The driver, a 26-year-old male from West Hempstead, was subsequently arrested for DWI (refused test), driving with a suspended license and unsafe lane usage.
- On July 26, as the result of an investigation conducted with Esquire Bank Staff, Garden City police officer arrested a 21-year-old male from the Bronx and a 28-year-old female from Brooklyn for attempting to cash two forged checks totaling $3,500 at the bank. Both subjects were charged with possession of forged instruments and attempted grand larceny.
- On July 28, a 50-year-old male from Long Beach was arrested by a Garden City police officer for the attempted theft of three pairs of designer boots from Sears. He was also charged with similar thefts from the store on July 27 and June 21 as well as possession of alleged crack/cocaine.
- On July 29, Garden City officers assisted Nassau County officers with the arrest of a 18-year-old male from Hempstead in the rear yard of a Brook Street residence. The subject had fled the scene after committing a grand larceny at Roosevelt Field Mall.