Lynbrook police investigating thefts at Infiniti dealership
Two incidents in a two-day span were reported at the dealership in Lynbrook last week.
Lynbrook police said that on Feb. 8 at around 4:20 a.m., officers saw a male subject at the rear of the dealership. Officers said the man fled, but his vehicle, a 2003 Honda, was found with $5,000 worth of tires and rims stolen from the dealership. Police also reported that $1,000 in damage had been done to two vehicles at the location.
Two nights later, officers discovered that someone had apparently attempted to steal more tires and rims from the dealership, as several lug nuts were discovered missing on a 2011 Infiniti. In addition, a backpack containing gloves, tools, and other items was also found at the scene.
Police are investigating the incidents.
- On Feb. 8, Andrew Sepulveda, 21, of Valley Stream, N.Y., was arrested and charged with second degree Menacing and Leaving the Scene of an Accident. The alleged crimes occurred at Merrick Road and Horton Avenue in Lynbrook on Feb. 4, police said.
- On Feb. 9 at 9:10 p.m., Mishonda Mackey, 21, of Valley Stream, N.Y., was arrested on Peninsula Boulevard in Lynbrook and charged with Unlawful Possession of Marijuana.
- On Feb. 11 at 11:26 p.m., Martin Jimenez, 33, of Baldwin, N.Y., was arrested at Merrick Road and Earle Avenue and charged with Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle.
- On Feb. 13 at 2:30 a.m., Alejandro Brinson, 39, of Brooklyn, N.Y. was arrested on Atlantic Avenue in Lynbrook on an open arrest warrant from Lynbrook village court.
- On Feb. 13 at 6:50 a.m., Monika Hanna, 25, of Beechhurst, N.Y., was arrested on Ocean Avenue in Lynbrook and charged with Driving While Ability Impaired.
Editor's Note: All information is courtesy of the Lynbrook Police Department.