The second bomb threat in a week put Stratford School in Garden City under lock out for approximately 40 minutes Tuesday afternoon, school district officials confirmed.
The person responsible for the May 21 bomb threat at Stratford was identified and the subject’s family was contacted, according to Garden City Police Commissioner Kenneth Jackson.
"The investigation is ongoing and at this time there is no further information to be provided," he said.
Tuesday's incident was the second at the school in a week. No word on whether the person is also responsible for the May 14 incident.
Activities resumed Tuesday after Garden City Police canvassed the building and deemed it safe.
- On May 10 at 11:25 a.m., Joshua A. Daniels, 22, of Hempstead, was arrested for making graffiti and possession of graffiti instruments following an investigation by police personnel in the vicinity of Hempstead Avenue and Stonewell Road in Rockville Centre.
- On May 11 at 5:01 a.m., Sha-Ron R. Hicks, 28, of Rockville Centre was arrested for assault in the third degree, criminal obstruction of breathing and criminal mischief in the fourth degree following an investigation by police personnel at his residence.
- On May 15, a Garden City police officer stopped a vehicle after observing it make an unsafe turn from Ninth Street onto Cherry Valley Avenue. The driver, a 20-year-old male from Westbury, was placed under arrest after it was determined that he had five open driver's license suspensions. He was also charged with unsafe turn and uninspected auto.
- On May 16, a Garden City police officer responded to Edgemere Road and Cambridge Avenue for a one-vehicle crash where the car hit a fence. Upon an investigation, Officer Laurita arrested the driver, a 48-year-old male from Franklin Square, for DWI (.14 percent blood alcohol content) and unregistered operation. There were no reported injuries.
- On May 17, a Garden City police officer stopped a vehicle for driving erratically on Meadow Street and passing a stop sign at Magnolia Ave. The driver, a 47-year-old male from Glen Cove, was placed under arrest for DWI (.09 percent blood alcohol content), two unsafe lane violations, passing a Stop sign and for not wearing a seatbelt.
- On May 17, after an investigation, a Garden City police officer and a detective arrested a 19-year-old male from Stewart Manor and a 19-year-old male from Floral Park, for the theft of a golf cart from the Garden City Country Club the night before. The golf cart was located at the Floral Park suspect’s residence under a tarp. Both subjects were charged with grand larceny.
- On May 18, a Garden City police officer stopped a vehicle on Clinton Road and Kingsbury Road for reckless/aggressive driving. Upon an investigation, the driver, a 27-year-old male from Hempstead, was arrested for aggravated DWI (.24 percent blood alcohol content), DWI drugs, possession of cocaine, unlicensed operation, reckless driving, multiple lane violations, uninsured operation and not wearing a seat belt.
- On May 18, a Garden City police officer stopped a vehicle on Rockaway Ave by Garden City High School for a loud muffler and tinted windows. The driver, a 30-year-old male from Albertson, was arrested for aggravated DWI (.20 percent blood alcohol content).
- On May 19, a Garden City police officer stopped a vehicle on Clinton Road south of Stewart Avenue for multiple lane violations. The driver, a 32-year-old male from Westbury, was subsequently arrested for DWI (refused test), driving without a court ordered interlock device, felony aggravated unlicensed operation for a suspended license due to a prior DWI, the lane violations and uninsured operation.
- On May 21, as part of an ongoing investigation, Garden City
detectives arrested a 47-year-old male from Queens at the Nassau
Boulevard railroad station for felony possession of heroin.
- On May 9 at 4:27 p.m., a complainant from Driscoll Avenue in Rockville Centre reported that sometime between 12 p.m. and 4:30 p.m., an unknown person(s) damaged a side door and entered their residence. There was no reported loss at the time of report.
- On May 9 at 9:04 p.m., a complainant from Brower Avenue in Rockville Centre reported that an unknown person(s) stole a Kenmore mini-refrigerator valued at $300 from in front of his residence while he went inside to get a hand truck.
- On May 9 at 11:51 a.m., a complainant from Hendrickson Avenue in Rockville Centre reported that sometime between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m., an unknown person(s) stole two New York State license plates from his 2003 Chevrolet motor vehicle while it was parked at his residence.
- On May 10 at 8:45 p.m., a complainant from Lynbrook reported that sometime between 5:30 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. her wallet ,containing $400 and credit cards, was stolen from an employee closet while working at International Delight Café, located at 241 Sunrise Highway in Rockville Centre.
- On May 11 at 12:20 p.m., a complainant from Rockville Centre reported that she received a call on her cellphone from an unknown Hispanic male who demanded $1,000 regarding a supposed auto accident or the subject would injure her brother. The complainant confirmed with her brother that he was not in danger and notified police.