The following information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department, Rockville Centre Police Department and Garden City Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate guilt.
- On Feb. 9 at 3:45 p.m., a Rockville Centre resident reported that unknown person(s) stole his mobile phone from his unlocked motor vehicle while it was parked in municipal parking field No. 2 in Rockville Centre.
- On Feb. 11 at 3:10 p.m., a complainant from Rockville Centre reported that unknown person(s) stole two NYS license plates from her motor vehicle while it was parked in Municipal Parking Field No. 7 between 12 p.m. on Feb. 9 and 11 a.m. on Feb. 10.
- On Feb. 11 at 2:26 p.m., a complainant from Baldwin reported that on Feb. 10 at approximately 7:54 p.m., an unknown male stole a tip jar containing an undetermined amount of cash from Starbucks, located at 21 N. Park Ave. in Rockville Centre.
- On Feb. 10 at 12:29 p.m., a Rockville Centre resident reported that unknown person(s) made unauthorized purchases from his General Motors credit card account without authorization.
- On Feb. 8 at 3 p.m., an employee from S. Park Avenue in Rockville Centre reported receiving annoying and alarming text messages and phone calls from a former acquaintance.
- Feb. 13: Nassau County Police Officer Dimiao notified the Garden City Police Department that he observed a truck traveling south on Westminster Road with its rear cargo cab damaged and hanging backward. Officer Sansone immediately responded to Cherry Valley Bridge where it was apparently just struck and debris matching the truck was observed on the ground. With the assistance of Officer Dimiao, Officer Sansone placed the driver of the truck, a male 56-year-old from South Carolina under arrest for leaving the scene of an accident and disregarding a bridge clearance sign.
- Feb. 14: $300 was taken from a vehicle parked at a Tenth Street residence.
- Feb. 14: Officer Florio stopped a car traveling south on Franklin Avenue at 55 MPH in a 30 MPH zone. It was also determined that the driver, a male 26-year-old from Hempstead, had five outstanding driver's license violations. He was arrested and charged with aggravated unlicensed operation, speeding, defective lighting and uninsured operation.
- Feb. 15: Garden City detectives arrested a male 28-year-old from Garden City for the theft of $120 from a patron’s purse at the Public House on New Hyde Park Road Feb. 14.
- Feb. 15: $9 and a Bluetooth speaker was removed from a vehicle parked on Magnolia Street. Another vehicle was entered on St. James Street South with no reported loss. A GPS and loose change were removed from a vehicle parked on Nassau Boulevard. Vehicles were also entered at various residences on Whitehall Boulevard; property stolen included jewelry, an iPod, headphones and personal papers.
- Feb. 15: A joint investigation by the Nassau County Third Precinct and the Garden City Police Department resulted in the arrest of a male 23-year-old from Roosevelt for returning stolen property to the Garden City Lord & Taylor that was purchased with $300 in counterfeit money at the Manhasset Lord & Taylor earlier in the day. The subject was charged with two counts of felony possession of a forged instrument.
- Feb. 16: Upon responding to a Garden City residence for a domestic disturbance report, Officer Oswald arrested a male 39-year-old from Centereach for being at his ex-girlfriend’s residence in violation of a Suffolk County District Court order of protection.
- Feb. 16: An iPhone was stolen from a room at the Adelphi University Sports Complex.
- Feb. 16: A wallet containing money and personal papers was removed from a vehicle parked on Warton Place.
- Feb. 16: As a result of an investigation, Garden City detectives arrested a female 33-year-old at her Grove Street residence for possession of a 2000 Mitsubishi auto that was reported stolen from a Miller Place location on Feb. 4.
- Feb. 17: The Garden City Police Department is investigating the reported theft of $2,500 from a register at Sears.
- Feb. 17: Officer Oswald stopped an auto on Meadow Street for speeding (45 mph in a 30 mph zone) and for passing a red traffic light at Clinton Road. The driver, a male 26-year-old from Mineola, was subsequently arrested for aggravated DWI (.18 percent blood alcohol content), aggravated unlicensed operation for two open license suspensions, speeding, passing a red light, two lane/turn violations and for not wearing a seat belt.
- Feb. 18: An Adelphi University student reports that his dorm room was entered unlawfully and some of his personal belongings were intentionally damaged. The investigation is continuing.
- Feb. 19: With the assistance of Nassau County security officers and other Garden City officers, Officer Fracassa arrested four youths, ages 15-16 from Garden City and Floral Park, for criminal trespass. They were observed in a closed vacant county building located on County Seat Drive.