The following information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department, Rockville Centre Police Department and Garden City Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate guilt.
Police: RVC Man Fired Multiple Gunshots From Property
A Rockville Centre resident was arrested Wednesday night after allegedly firing off multiple gunshots both in and outside of his home.
According to Nassau County detectives, at approximately 7:51 p.m, Joseph Coulon returned to his South Kensington Avenue residence believing that people were following him.
Police said Coulon, 54, went inside and retrieved a .22 caliber rifle, firing one round through the front glass door. Two women, ages 59 and 14, were present inside the home at the time of the incident.
Coulon then exited the house and fired several more rounds into the ground in the front yard, police said.
Rockville Centre Police responded and placed the defendant into custody, police said. The rifle was recovered at the scene and no injuries were reported.
Coulon was charged with reckless endangerment in the first degree, possession of a dangerous weapon in the fourth degree and endangering the welfare of a child. He was arraigned at First District Court in Hempstead on Thursday.
- On Feb. 27 at 11:56 p.m., Dominick J. Iannotti, 26, of Valley Stream, was arrested for disorderly conduct and a vehicle and traffic law arrest warrant following an investigation by police personnel in front of 28 S. Park Ave. in Rockville Centre.
- On Feb. 28 at 11:43 p.m., Sharmeak N. Riley, 42, of Valley Stream, was arrested for criminal possession of controlled substance in the third degree and vehicle and traffic law violations following an investigation by police personnel in the vicinity of Sunrise Highway and N. Centre Avenue in Rockville Centre. Click here to read more about this arrest.
- On March 1 at 8:15 a.m., William S. Green, 53, of Rockville Centre, was arrested for criminal sale of a controlled substance in the third degree and criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree following an investigation by police personnel in the vicinity of Old Mill Court in Rockville Centre. Click here to read more about this arrest.
- On March 3 at 5:57 p.m., John Rocco Miranti, 33, of Merrick, was arrested for driving while impaired drugs and vehicle and traffic law violations following an investigation by police personnel in the vicinity of Sunrise Highway and Morris Avenue in Rockville Centre.
- On March 4 at 10:54 p.m., Mario Mency, 43, of Rockville Centre was arrested for assault in the first degree following an investigation by police personnel at TGI Fridays, located at 716 Sunrise Highway in Rockville Centre.
- On March 6 at 12:22 a.m., Michael J Rosado, 31, of Parlin, N.J., was arrested for driving while intoxicated and vehicle and traffic law violations following an investigation by police personnel on Peninsula Boulevard in Rockville Centre.
- On March 9, after observing a vehicle pass a red light on Second Street at Hilton Avenue in Garden City, an officer arrested a male 38-year-old from Elmont for three counts of aggravated unlicensed operation due to 10 suspensions and disregarding a traffic signal.
- On March 9, an Officer arrested a female 17-year-old from West Hempstead for leaving the scene of an accident after striking a parked vehicle in Parking Field 9W in Garden City. She was also charged with violation of junior license driving restrictions.
- On March 10 at 5:05 p.m., Trudy Smith, 48, of Hempstead, was arrested for shoplifting at the Pathmark located at 460 Franklin Ave. in Franklin Square.
- On March 10, after stopping a vehicle for an unsafe lane change on southbound Clinton Road and Brook Street in Garden City, an officer arrested the driver, a male 24-year-old from Roosevelt, for aggravated unlicensed operation due to three license suspensions, the unsafe lane change and uninsured operation.
- On March 11, an officer arrested a female 55-year-old from Rockville Centre for the theft of watches, a scarf and jewelry totaling more than $500 in value from Sears in Garden City.
- On March 11, an officer arrested a female 51-year-old from East Meadow for the theft of $340 in assorted merchandise from Lord & Taylor in Garden City.
- On March 11, Garden City detectives arrested a male 65-year-old from Old Brookville for harassment due to a domestic incident that occurred on Feb. 16 at a business office in Garden City Plaza.
- On March 12, a joint investigation between Garden City detectives and Nassau County detectives led to the arrest of a male 28-year-old from Bellport for criminal sale and possession of a controlled substance (heroin).
- On Feb. 27 at 7:34 p.m., a complainant from Rockville Centre reported that sometime between 6:20 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., unknown person(s) damaged the passenger side front window to her Toyota RAV motor vehicle while it was parked in Municipal Parking Field No. 8 in Rockville Centre and stole an iPad 2 valued at $500 and a Sports Sac bag valued at $75.
- On Feb. 27 at 9:25 p.m., a complainant from Hempstead reported that sometime between 5:25 p.m. and 8:15 p.m., unknown person(s) entered his 1994 Honda motor vehicle while it was parked at Bally’s, located at 60 Merrick Road in Rockville Centre, and stole a Samsung Galaxy tablet valued at $350, $100 and a Chase debit card that was used for an $88 purchase in Merrick.
- On Feb. 28 at 11:30 a.m., a complainant from Enterprise Car Sales, located 602 Sunrise Highway in Rockville Centre, reported that sometime between 9 a.m. on Feb. 24 and 9 a.m. on Feb. 25, a NYS dealer license plate was removed from her motor vehicle without permission.
- On Feb. 28 at 7:42 p.m., a complainant from Lynbrook reported that sometime at approximately 7:10 p.m., her unattended iPad mini valued at $500 was stolen from a table at Panera Bread, located at 309 Merrick Road in Rockville Centre.
- On March 7, an Garden City resident living on East Drive returned home to find a deadbolt and doorknob to an exterior door damaged. The residence did not appear to be entered. The investigation is continuing.
- On March 9, more than $800 in assorted handbags, purses and jewelry were discovered missing from a store on Seventh Street in Garden City.
- On March 12, vehicles were entered on Russell Road, Claydon Road, Huntington Road and Kingsbury Road in Garden City. Property removed from the vehicles included a knapsack, credit cards, an iPod and loose change/currency.