- A Nassau County Police Officer was shot responding to a burglary in New Hyde Park one morning last week. A pair of Brooklyn men were arrested and charged in the incident.
- A member of the Bloods gang that lives in Old Mill Court, who in the past was acquitted of murder, admitted to his role in the 2011 shooting of a police informant.
- A bomb threat was called into Hempstead Town Hall the morning of Aug. , leading to an evacuation of the building at 11:47 a.m., a town spokesperson confirmed.
A South Park Avenue resident reported to police on Aug. 9 at 10:10 a.m. that an unknown person(s) made unauthorized purchases from his Citibank debit card account.
A Rockville Centre resident reported to police on Aug. 9 at 8:05 p.m. that an unknown person(s) made unauthorized purchases on her Verizon Wireless phone account.
- Police arrested a male 23-year-old from Hicksville for leaving the scene of an accident on Aug. 5 in Nassau County Parking Field #2. He was also charged with unlicensed operation.
- Several scratches were found on the side of a vehicle parked in Nassau County Field #3.
- Several driveway lights were found damaged on the property of a St. James St. South residence in Garden City.
- On Aug. 18, someone in the market for a Rolex watch who had answered a Craigslist ad was held up at gunpoint.