.

Dryer Fire Breaks Out in Malverne

Malverne firefighters and police respond to home on Ocean Avenue across from Malverne H.S.

A dryer fire sent Malverne police and firefighters racing to a home on Ocean Avenue Friday afternoon across from Malverne High School.

They arrived at the scene around noon to find heavy smoke coming from the laundry room the firefighters, led by Assistant Chief Scott Rung, quickly extinguished the small blaze. No one was seriously injured but one man who was home at the time of the incident was sent to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

One of the southbound lanes of Ocean Avenue was temporarily closed as Malverne F.D. Police directed traffic around the engines.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »