Here are the top five headlines for July 11.
- Suspicious Spill: Lakeview and Rockville Centre firefighters, as well as Nassau County HAZMAT, responded to a call Tuesday night of a suspicious fluid spill in a wooded area. Learn more later this morning.
- Village Board: The Malverne village board will hold its monthly meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. in Look for coverage on Patch this week.
- APPR Update: The deadline for local school districts to submit the plans they'll use to review faculty members to New York State in order to guarantee aid has passed. Did Malverne, Lynbrook and West Hempstead comply? Find out later today.
- Stables Transformation: Did you see what's become of the Lakewood Stables in West Hempstead? Check out Patch's story, photos and take a quick video tour of the transformation .
- Free Slurpees and Six Flags: In honor of 7/11, local 7-Eleven stores will once again be giving away free Slurpees from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Plus, in honor of the chain's 85th anniversary, they another special gift for customers today. Click here for details.