A small kitchen fire broke out in a Lakeview home located on Woodfield Road Sunday night.
The Lakeview Volunteer Fire Department responded to the call around 7:30 p.m. to find smoke filling up the house and flames coming from a stove in the kitchen.
A substantial number of occupants had evacuated from the two-story home, Chief Michael Koppel told Patch. The firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, containing it to one room, and worked to remove the heavy smoke.
Nassau County Police were also at the scene and temporarily closed off a portion of Woodfield Road.