The following information was supplied by the Lynbrook Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate guilt.
- Renato D. Lamarre, 30, of West Hempstead, was arrested on Jan. 28 at 10:47 p.m. and charged with Assault and Criminal Obstruction of Breathing on Hempstead Avenue.
- Jennifer Beehary, of Valley Stream, was arrested on Jan. 29 at 5:35 a.m. and charged with Unlawful Possession of Marijuana on Sunrise Highway.
- Cosette N. Simpkins, 19, of Flatbush, was arrested on Jan. 29 at 10:15 p.m. and charged with Prostitution at the Lynbrook Capri Motor Inn located at 5 Freer St.
- Rahkiya J. Dumas, 22, of Lynbrook, was arrested on Jan. 29 at 10:15 p.m. and charged with Prostitution at the Lynbrook Capri Motor Inn located at 5 Freer St.
- Michael D. Kielawa, 24, of Valley Stream, was arrested on Jan. 29 at 10:15 p.m. and charged with two counts Patronizing a Prostitute and Criminal Possession of Marijuana at the Lynbrook Capri Motor Inn located at 5 Freer St.
- Alex Adjoda, 22, of Winter Garden, Fl., was arrested on Jan. 30 at 12:29 p.m. and charged with Aggravated Unlicensed Operation and Tinted Windows on Merrick Road.
- Meiying Cao, 50, of Flushing, was arrested on Jan. 30 at 8:15 p.m. and charged with Unauthorized Practice at 414 Sunrise Hwy. Cao, while employed as a massage therapist at Mariposa Nail and Spa, allegedly performed a massage without being licensed by the State of New York.
- At 9:30 a.m. on Jan. 29, a complainant reports that while attempting to sell a trailer on Craigslist they were contacted by a buyer, who stated that she lived in Florida, and agreed to buy the trailer. The complainant stated that they received a check from the female for the trailer and shipping costs. The buyer asked the complainant to send $976 to a third party for the shipping. The complainant sent the money via Western Union but was later notified by their bank that the buyer's check was fraudulent.
- At 2:46 a.m. on Jan. 29, the complainant reports an unknown person(s) made charges in the amount of $1,170.73 on their LIJ Federal Credit Union Visa credit card.
Suspicious/Unusual Incident (Identity Theft)
- At 10:30 p.m. on Jan. 30, a complainant reports that while checking their Capital One credit card account they noticed 98 charges in the amount of $1,739.50. The complainant called and cancelled the charges and their account with Capital One Bank.
If you have questions about this crime report, email Tara.Conry@Patch.com.