The following information was supplied by the Lynbrook Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
- Sakima J. Hamilton, 32, of S. Ozone Park, was arrested on July 9 at 7:30 a.m. and charged with Assault at 1 Columbus Dr.
- Christopher M. Maynard, 21, of East Rockaway, was arrested on July 9 at 12:30 p.m. and charged with Unlawful Possession of Marijuana on Broadway.
- Adriana Arias, 46, of Flushing, was arrested on July 10 at 2:30 p.m. and charged with Unauthorized Practice at 7 Union Ave. The defendant, while employed as a massage therapist at , allegedly performed a massage without being licensed by the State of New York.
- Thalia Vidal-Velasques, 41, of Kew Gardens Hills, was arrested on July 10 at 2:30 p.m. and charged with Unauthorized Practice at 7 Union Ave. The defendant, while employed as a massage therapist at Spa Therapy and Massage, allegedly performed a massage without being licensed by the State of New York.
- Amjad S. Qureshi, 47, of Lynbrook, was arrested on July 10 at 10:50 p.m. and charged with Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated, Driving While Intoxicated, Failed to Signal a Turn and Equipment Violation (signal lights) on Sunrise Highway.
- Edgar M. Carmona, 54, of Lynbrook, was arrested on July 11 at 8:10 p.m. and charged with an open warrant for Aggravated Unlicensed Operation and Driving to Slow (impede traffic) on Carpenter Avenue.
- Michael D. McHenrym, 18, of Lynbrook, was arrested on July 11 at 8:15 p.m.and charged with Criminal Sale of Marijuana on Broadway.
- Noah B. Phillips, 29, of Freeport, was arrested on July 13 at 9:15 p.m. and charged with Aggravated Unlicensed Operation and Expired NYS Inspection on Sunrise Highway.
- Charles M. Myhand, 49, of Freeport, was arrested on July 16 at 12:45 a.m. and charged with Criminal Possession of a Weapon (Gravity Knife) on Watkins Place.
After returning home to their residence on Jarvis Place on July 14 around 9:30 p.m. a complainant reports that they found their back door and window open. The cvictim reports that unknown person(s) did remove two Dell laptop computers (valued at $1,500), one Nikon camera (valued at $300), about 50 pieces of assorted jewelry (valued at $15,000), along with $1,300 in assorted US currency from the house. The total loss is $18,100.
At 3:40 p.m. on July 15, a complainant reports that an unknown person(s) did remove her Coach purse, Coach Fanny pack, Chase credit card, Kohl’s credit card, Target credit card, NYS Driver’s License and $200 in assorted US Currency from her car. The victim stated that the car was parked in Municipal Parking Field #10 when the items were removed. The total loss is $425.
A complainant reports that at 8:35 p.m. on July 15, tan unknown person(s) did remove two 24x16 cast iron plant urns from in front of their residence on Bixley Heath. The value of the urns is $1,500.
Petit Larceny At 7:15pm on July 15, a complainant reports that while eating at Elegante Pizza, they left their X-Games BMX-style boy’s bicycle, color silver, in front of the restaurant. When the complainant returned to their bicycle they found it was missing. The complainant then observed a group of five youths riding away southbound on Atlantic Avenue with the bicycle. The group was described as three female black youths and two male black youths. The value of the bicycle is $200.
A complainant reported that at 4:15 p.m. on July 12 an unknown person(s) did damage their garage, which is located on Hillside Avenue, by striking it with an unknown object. The value of the damage is $3,000.
At 11:55 p..m on July 13, a complainant reports that an unknown person(s) did damage their 2012 Honda Civic by scratching it with an unknown object while it was parked in their driveway on Vincent Place. The total amount of damage is $1,000.
An unknown person(s) did damage a 2006 Toyota Corolla on July 16 at 9:20 a.m., according to a report filed by the complainant, by smashing the rear passenger window with an unknown object while it was parked in private parking area of 157 Hempstead Ave. The total amount of damage is $250.
For questions about this crime report, email Tara.Conry@Patch.com.