The following information was supplied by the Lynbrook Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate guilt.
- Michael J Diresta, 50, of Rockaway, was arrested on Oct. 4 at 2:05 p.m. and charged with two open warrants for Aggravated Unlicensed Operation (4 counts), Uninsured Motor Vehicle and Headlight equipment violation on Broadway.
- Randy U. Scott, 19, of Inwood, was arrested on Oct. 4 at 10:28 p.m. and charged with Kidnapping, Robbery, Attempted Robbery and Possession of a Weapon on Mill Road in Valley Stream.
- Stamey Holland, 20, of Inwood, was arrested on Oct. 4 at 10:28 p.m. and charged with Kidnapping, Robbery (2counts) and Criminal Contempt on Mill Road in Valley Stream
- Malik A. Crowl, 23, of Inwood, was arrested on Oct. 4 at 10:28 p.m. and charged with Kidnapping, Robbery, Attempted Robbery and Possession of a Weapon on Mill Road in Valley Stream.
- Kortney Kahn, 19, of Long Beach, was arrested on Oct. 4 at 10:28 p.m. and charged with Kidnapping, Robbery (2counts) and False Personation on Mill Road in Valley Stream.
- Said M. Beydoun, 29 of Ozone Park, was arrested on Oct. 5 at 11:58 p.m. and charged with Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance (Heroin) and Criminal Possession of a Hypodermic Instrument on Broadway.
- Steven R. Azcona, 26, of Westbury, was arrested on Oct. 6 at 10:02 p.m. and charged with Aggravated Unlicensed Operation and Unsecured License Plate on Peninsula Blvd.
- Dorel Nicolae Sabo, 36, an undocumented Hungarian National, was arrested on Oct. 7 at 1:20 p.m. and charged with Criminal Possession of Forgery Devices on Broadway.
- Dan Florian Rus, 40, an undocumented Romanian National, was arrested on Oct. 7 at 1:20 p.m. and charged with Criminal Possession of Forgery Devices on Broadway.
- Christopher Goldman, 51, of East Rockaway, was arrested on Oct. 9 at 6:06 p.m. and charged with Criminal Obstruction of Breathing and Assault on Merrick Road.
- A complainant reports on Oct. 4 at 6:57 p.m. that an unknown person(s) entered their residence on Wood Street and then removed assorted jewelry valued at $9,000.
Kidnapping/Robbery/Possession of a Weapon
- At 11:00 p.m. on Oct. 4, a complainant reports that while standing outside of the Express Food Mart, located at 1710 Rockaway Ave., he allegedly observed Malik A. Crowl, 23, “aka Seymour”, of Inwood, with whom he had a prior altercation. The victim, who was in fear of Malik, asked one of his friends to call the police. Malik Crowl allegedly approached the victim and while acting in concert with Randy U. Scott, 19, of Inwood,, Stamey Holland, 20, of Inwood, and Kortney Kahn, 19, of Long Beach, forced the victim into their car. During this incident, Scott reportedly produced a handgun and pointed it at the victim. The victim was placed in the rear seat of a BMW, with N.C. registration BCV-8587, which left westbound on Rockaway into Valley Stream. Upon arrival of the Lynbrook Police, a radio notification was given to the Nassau County Police advising of the vehicle’s description and last known direction of travel. While in the vehicle, the victim was allegedly assaulted and robbed by Scott, Holland and Kahn while Crowl drove the vehicle. The vehicle was then observed by Nassau County Police and stopped at Mill Road and Roosevelt Street in Valley Stream at which time the suspects were placed under arrest. A Colt 9MM handgun was recovered on Roosevelt Street, where it had been throw out of the passenger window of the BMW.
Endangering the Welfare of a Child/Public Lewdness
- A 14-year-old girl reports on Oct. 8 at 2:45 p.m. that while riding her bicycle southbound on Union Avenue with her friend, another 14-year-old female, they stopped for a red light at Scranton Avenue. The two girls then observed a dark blue sedan, about 5-10 years old, westbound on Scranton Avenue being operated by a white male. The suspect then stopped at a green traffic light and waved to the two girls to cross the street. The complainant and her friend then continued southbound to Marion Street and then toward Dean Street. As the complainant continued riding her bicycle, with her friend about 50’ in front of her, the same dark blue sedan drove past her and stopped in the middle of the street. As she attempted to pass the car, the driver engaged her in conversation at which time he did expose himself to her. The suspect then continued eastbound on Marion Street. The male is described as a white male, about 25 years old, 5’9” tall, 150 lbs, thin build, black crew cut hair with light complexion and was wearing a red baseball cap.
- A complainant reports on Oct. 9 at 7:25 a.m. that an unknown person(s) did remove their 2008 Audi, A4, which was parked in the east side parking area of 108 Atlantic Ave. The vehicle is valued at $19,000.
- At 9:38 a.m. on Oct. 9, a complainant reports that an unknown person(s) did remove assorted gold jewelry from their residence on Washington Avenue. The jewelry is valued at $6,100.
- A complainant reports that at 5:56 p.m. on Oct. 9 an unknown person(s) did take their Apple iPhone from his/her place of employment, Starbucks, located at 659 Sunrise Hwy. The value of the phone is $300.
- The Field Service Representative for Red Box Corp., located at 1 Tower Lane, Oakbrook Terrace, IL, reports on Oct. 7 at 11 p.m. that an unknown person(s) broke the display screen of the Red Box DVD Rental machine, located at 633 Merrick Rd. The total amount of the damage is $700.
- At 6:15 p.m. on Oct. 3, a complainant reports that an unknown person(s) did scratch their 2012 Honda, which was parked in their driveway on Peninsula Boulevard, with an unknown object. The total amount of the damage is $500.
For questions about this crime report, email Tara.Conry@Patch.com.