The following information was supplied by the Lynbrook Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate guilt.
- Michael Miano, 23, of Oceanside, was arrested on Aug. 29 and charged with Possession of Marijuana, which occurred on Fenimore Street.
- Christopher Picone, 23, of Hewlett, was arrested on Aug. 29 and charged with third-degree Possession of Controlled Substance, and third-degree Sale of Controlled Substance, which occurred on Prospect Avenue.
- Jayesh Panchal, 43, of Huntington, was arrested on Aug. 30 and charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Minor, for sale of alcohol to a minor, which occurred at 117 Broadway, (
- Kerton Chesney, 28, of Brooklyn, was arrested on Sept. 1 and charged with Driving while Intoxicated by Drugs, Possession of Marijuana, and Failure to signal, on Sunrise Highway.
- Edgardo Castro, 30, of Valley Stream, was arrested on Sept. 2 and charged with second-degree Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle, Failure to Stop, and Operating a Motor Vehicle without a License, which occurred on Merrick Road and Horton Avenue.
- A complainant reported on Aug. 25 a Grand Larceny occurred at 675 Merrick Rd, in that tires and rims were removed from a 2005 BMW and headlights were removed from a 2003 BMW, with a combined value of $6,000.
- Lynbrook Police observed on Aug. 28 that a Lynbrook Village Garbage Pail, located on Forest Avenue and Howard Place, had been spray painted with graffiti depicting a penis and a Swastika. The case has been referred to Nassau County Police’s Fifth Squad detectives as Criminal Mischief/Bias incident. Anyone with information is asked to call the Lynbrook Police Department.
- A complainant from Shower Crafters, on Sunrise Hwy, reports a third-degree Burglary occurred on Aug. 29 between 9 p.m. and 9:20 p.m., whereby unknown person(s) did break the rear glass door with a rock, entered the store and removed a cash register valued at $120, and containing $10 in cash. Damage to the door is estimated at $450.
- Complainants report a Grand Larceny/Criminal Mischief, which occurred at Lynbrook Health and Fitness parking lot on Merrick Road, on Aug. 30 at 9:15 pm, when their 2007 Volkswagon was broken into by smashing the passenger side window, and removing a pocketbook, containing several credit and debit cards.
- A complainant from Burtis Street, reports on Sept. 3 Criminal Mischief to his 2004 Toyota, which was parked in his driveway. When he returned to it at 5:15 p.m. he found that the rear window had been smashed. Damage to vehicle is reported at $350.
For questions about this crime report, email Tara.Conry@Patch.com.